Saturday 18 July 2015

There is Something About Brisbane


"There is Something About Brisbane"


I arrived in Brisbane 2011 and the first impression I had about the city was, it's quite, very organize, very clean and boring. I left Bali to study business and well, my plan was to stay for a year and this is 2015 and look i'm still here!


There are so many things in Brisbane that I love, even though so many people prefer Sydney and Melbourne, I got to say I love Brisbane and it is officially my second home after Bali. Queenslanders are literally nicer and friendlier than Sydney people, it is probably the fact that it's such a big city compare to Brisbane and well Melbourne, even I've never been there (I know one day I should go!)but according to people that visited Melbourne, it temperature is ridiculous compare to our lovely sunshine state so Bali kid stick to any place that similar to all day everyday 36 degrees kind of temperature.


In this post I will try to break down small things that I love about Brisbane and why Brisbane is actually becoming a home to me.
So these are some little things that I love from Brisbane......



Summer

Seriously Queensland has so many good beaches, well not literally located in Brisbane but Broadbeach clear blue water explain why I love summer in Queensland.







When summer come and you drive on the weekend to Sunshine Coast all the beaches along the way to Noosa Heads like Caloundra, Kings Beach, Moffatt Beach are really beautiful.








Clear blue sky? CHECKED!




 And summer mean Australia day and yes it's a back yard party!!!




Spring


Just because the days are getting warmer, and flowers blooms everywhere.







Public Transport

When people whinge about Brisbane public transport, I know sometimes it can be a pain but have you seen Sydney trains? And when you come back to Brisbane the trains and buses are super clean!





And the spirit of State of Origin is definitely there! Go Maroons!!



You can read in peace in the bus because it is actually comfortable, still whinging? Go to third world countries and try to read a book in the bus and in peace!



Events

From music festival, street food festival and concerts these kinds of events now getting more and more happening in Brisbane which is very good!


Brisbane Festival- South Bank





If you don't take drugs, not drinking ridiculously, actually Stereosonic is a good MUSIC festival I really had a good fun last year and sober for 2 days festival and had a blast with my friend Ayu, champions!!










My first and last Future Music Festival, at least I watched Hilltop Hoods and Drake played!






Teneriffe Festival is one of my favorite yearly event and of course the pig race you cannot possibly miss it!





Love Greek food? Brisbane got your back! Paniyiri festival it is!







And also The 2015 Royal Queensland Show known as Ekka Festival where we got a public holiday, winning!!








Places


South Bank

From Queensland Art Museum, GOMA, Southbank Parklands all those places is a good place when you sort of need a good walk and take a break and even when you running out places to take your friends and family when they come to visit Brisbane (Touché).



Today found few Indonesian artists artwork displayed at GOMA, like a bawss!!


When it's winter, Cultural Centre give a different view of the city.
Such as, all foggy.....








Cafe's, Coffee, etc.


From Chester Street Bakery,Three Monkeys, Campos Coffee (their staffs are so lovely!)and newest favorite coffee shop just 5 minute walk from home is definitely Fonzie Abbot! Go get your caffeine supplies right!














Of course Brisbane River, from running, to walk and just hang out with friends at New Farm Park and Botanical Garden, the river has it charm.






Running by the river on the weekend is my favourite.



While running and found little street art like this...






My old college, Shafston has the best view for lunch.





And the CBD where you see the crazy intersection in the peak hours, where I called it "The Running Man"



And sometimes i stop for 5 minutes watched people cross the street and thinking what's their stories....




Wonder who's he's been waiting patiently...



During school holiday, CBD is chaotic and has it different perspective




From beautiful brick walls, pavements with different patterns, the old man that always sit at the same spot at Newstead park, writing and look wander and the sparkles of the river in the morning. All those small things creates moments and when I leave all I remember is there is always something about Brisbane that make me feel its like home.





Vs





Ps. Excuse my grammar, I know it's really bad :(












No comments:

Post a Comment